NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
The City of Thorne Bay will hold two public hearing workshops seeking input and community comments on projects for funding under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
- October 22nd, 2020, 6pm, will be the first workshop and will be via Webex
- October 24th, 2020, 2pm, held in person at the Thorne Bay Fire Hall located at 110 Freeman Drive.
ELIGIBLE TYPES OF PROJECTS
CDBG funds may be used for:
- Community Development (including, but not limited to, construction of health clinics, water and sewer systems, solid waste disposal facilities, docks and harbors, electrical distribution lines, barge facilities, boardwalks, removal of architectural barriers, property acquisition, fire protection facilities and equipment);
- Planning (including feasibility studies and other planning documents, but NOT engineering design costs); and
- Special Economic Development (activities associated with commercial and industrial structures and job creation – very narrowly defined activities).
There are three ways to help out and have your voice heard:
Thursday October 22nd – 6pm- Virtual meeting on WebEx
Meeting Link: https://cityofthornebay.my.webex.com/cityofthornebay.my/j.php?MTID=m33c0f75bff94d667c95afd1e2a865270
Meeting number: 126 810 3970
Password: q3uFX3vXuv2 (73839389 from phones and video systems)
Saturday October 24th – 2pm- Thorne Bay Fire Hall (PPE will be provided and social distancing required)
Fill out a survey- surveys will be placed around town, I hope you can find time to fill one out. Let the city and the state know what projects you think should be a priority. Thank you so much!
POSTED: October 14, 2020
City Hall, the Port, Tackle Shack, Riptide, Thorne Bay Market, USFS, SISD, Thorne Bay School