The City of Thorne Bay accepts applications for Project Employees all year. Project Employees are employees that are hired on a temporary, non-permanent basis, and work on specific grant or special projects.
City Clerk/Treasurer works under direction of the Thorne Bay Mayor and City Council, and closely with the City Administrator. The City Clerk/Treasurer will plan, schedule, and perform a wide variety of specialized, confidential, complex, professional and programmatic work for the City Council. In addition to Clerk and Treasurer duties, the Clerk will manage the City’s Website, act as a 911 dispatcher, Passport Acceptance Agent and a Notary Public. The clerk must be able to work evenings and nights on occasion to fulfill duties and responsibilities of position.
General Qualifications: Note: use same as on JD document. Don’t want to vary here….
- High School graduate or G.E.D. required.
- Associates degree with administrative, municipal clerk, or legal assistant training preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Legal Assistant, Deputy City Clerk or City Clerk.
- Possess and maintain a valid Alaska Driver’s License.
- Become a Passport Acceptance Agent
- Obtain Notary Commission within 6-months
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refer to the City Clerk/Treasurer Job Description for a complete detailed list of duties and responsibilities.
Applicants will be required to:
- Fill out a City of Thorne Bay Application
- Submit a Cover Letter that addresses how the applicant meets the required qualifications.
- Submit a Resume that demonstrates how the applicant meets the experience and educational requirements of the position.
- Participate in an interview with City Officials.
- Pass an Alaska Municipal League Government background and criminal history check and other credentials as may be required to become a Passport Acceptance Agent.
- Provide at least 4 Job and Personal references that can be verified.
Complete job description, qualifications/requirements, and job application are available at Thorne Bay City Hall, 120 Freeman Drive, Thorne Bay, AK 99919, or online at www.thornebay-ak.gov. Please submit completed applications to email@example.com, or drop off at City Hall. Position is open until filled.