Joining A Board Or Commission
In order to be considered for a board or commission appointment, an application and letter of interest must be completed and submitted to the City Clerk’s Office. Applications are then submitted to the City Council for their approval.
If more than one application is received for a position, City Council members will select one through a voting process. Applicants are always welcome to attend City Council meetings and speak regarding their qualifications.
New appointees will be notified of their selection through the Clerk’s office and will be provided pertinent information relative to that specific board.
Current Openings as of November 1, 2020
Streets and Roads Commission
Local Emergency Planning Commission
For specific information please call the City Clerk’s Office at 828-3380. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest and a board application to the City Clerk’s Office at 120 Freeman Drive, Thorne Bay, AK; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Meeting – Monday October 18th at 6:30pm 10/15/2021
- HELP WANTED – Part-time terminal agent in Ketchikan 10/13/2021
- SPECIAL COUNCIL MEETING 10/08/2021
- Canvassing Ballots – Participation Info 10/08/2021
- PRELIMINARY ELECTION RESULTS: 10/05/2021