Joining A Board Or Commission
In order to be considered for a board or commission appointment, an application and letter of interest must be completed and submitted to the City Clerk’s Office. Applications are then submitted to the City Council for their approval.
If more than one application is received for a position, City Council members will select one through a voting process. Applicants are always welcome to attend City Council meetings and speak regarding their qualifications.
New appointees will be notified of their selection through the Clerk’s office and will be provided pertinent information relative to that specific board.
Current Openings as of November 1, 2020
Streets and Roads Commission
Local Emergency Planning Commission
For specific information please call the City Clerk’s Office at 828-3380. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest and a board application to the City Clerk’s Office at 120 Freeman Drive, Thorne Bay, AK; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sept 19th Regular City Council Meeting September 12, 2023
- The Sept 1st, 2023 City Council Meeting has been cancelled. September 5, 2023
- Regular City Council Meeting – AUG 15th August 11, 2023
- Notice of Declaration Filing Period – August 14-Sept 1 August 9, 2023
- City Council Meeting August 1, 2023 July 29, 2023