Our Services

The City of Thorne Bay offers our Customers and Visitors a Variety of Services from Public Water, Sewer and Solid Waste Utilities, Harbor Services, Parking Permits, Notary Services, Passports, Record Requests & much more.  

Thorne Bay needs volunteers to serve on the City's Planning and Zoning Commission and Streets and Roads Commission. To find out more select from the following ------->>

Services Available in City Hall

Applications for City Services


Apply for Residential or Commercial Water, Sewer and Garbage Services at the Clerk’s Office, or by downloading the application from our “Forms & Applications” page


Applications for Harbor Services & Parking Permits are processed through the Clerk’s Office.  

Harbor Applications are also available through the Harbormaster’s Office


Make Payments on Account


To make a payment on your account with your credit or debit card, you can do so by clicking on the  “PAY NOW” button below.


You may also pay your a account at City Hall during regular business hours.  

Checks, Money Orders, Cash, or Credit Cards are acceptable forms of payment on your account (you can also pay your bill by calling and paying over the phone with a visa or master-card)

Telephone:  (907) 828-3380
Fax: (907) 828-3374 

Call or email for more information

Business registration & Sales Tax


All City Sales Tax business is handled in the Clerk’s Office in City Hall. 


Register your Business

Apply for a Resale & Building Permit Tax Exemptions

Remit your quarterly tax payments

and more…

Notary Services

There are two (2) Notary Public’s in City Hall.  

Schedule an appointment for Notary Services for services which require more than one document, such as mortgage closing documents

Passport Services

Passport Services Available at the Clerk’s Office in City Hall 

Apply for a US Passport 
Renew your Passport
Get a Passport Photo

Folders icon compressed

If your unable to find the records your searching for on our “record archives page” you may request the records from the Clerk’s Office by filling out and submitting a Public Records Request

Employment Applications

Submit an application for Employment with the Clerk’s Office. 

You can obtain applications here by downloading our “Employment Application”

Schedule Appointments

Schedule an appointment with your elected officials, the City Administrator or City Clerk by contacting City Hall at 
(907) 828-3380

To request service repair or file notify the City of a water leak, safety issue or other concerns, complete the attached form and submit to the Clerk’s Office at City Hall.




City RV Park & RV Dump station

Schedule an appointment with your elected officials, the City Administrator or City Clerk by contacting City Hall at (907) 828-3380

Land Uses - Maps - Zoning

For questions with Land Uses, Zoning, information on how to obtain plat maps and records, can be obtained from the Clerk’s office.  To obtain legal records related to land ownership or copies of plat maps, visit the Alaska Recorders Office


Thorne Bay City Hall is lcoated at 120 Freeman Drive, Thorne Bay Alaska

beauty of thorne bay

Video credits to Thorne Bay Water/Sewer Supervisor, Samuel Sawyer.

Enjoy this video from above Thorne Bay.

visit thorne bay

Visit Thorne Bay and enjoy the beautiful scenery, wildlife adventures, and visit the friendly local resident’s and business’s.

Visit Us