Boards and Commissions
Joining A Board Or Commission
In order to be considered for a board or commission appointment, an application and letter of interest must be completed and submitted to the City Clerk’s Office. Applications are then submitted to the City Council for their approval.
If more than one application is received for a position, City Council members will select one through a voting process. Applicants are always welcome to attend City Council meetings and speak regarding their qualifications.
New appointees will be notified of their selection through the Clerk’s office and will be provided pertinent information relative to that specific board.
Current Openings as of November 1, 2018
Streets and Roads Commission
Local Emergency Planning Commission
For specific information please call the City Clerk’s Office at 828-3380. Interested persons must submit a letter of interest and a board application to the City Clerk’s Office at 120 Freeman Drive, Thorne Bay, AK; or by email to email@example.com.
- City Council Meeting Notice – June 18, 2019 06/14/2019
- Draft Ordinances Adding Blight & Junked Vehicles to City Code 06/04/2019
- Thorne Bay City Newsletter for June 2019 06/03/2019
- Notice of Regular City Council Meeting 05/31/2019
- NOTICE OF CANCELLED MEETING 05/17/2019